What is an online education?
Online education refers to the technology used for the teaching-learning process. So in which personal computers are used on the student side. But connected through a network to a server where is the system that provides and manages the online courses. Computers can be connected to the network by physical or wireless wiring. Most importantly, the network usually involves an urban or interurban network and increasingly, to the INTERNET. In general, online education is at a distance although the latter becomes irrelevant, for the teaching-learning process. So it doesn’t matter if the student is on the same campus or thousands of kilometers away.Online Education, The Best Choice?
The technology provides all the communication and interaction facilities mentioned above. And the most modern online education systems use participatory and constructivist methodologies. Most importantly, it is recommended by pedagogues long before the computer network technology was developed.
Online education or e-learning, works through a platform that is a space or portal created specifically for that purpose. And which contains tools that support student learning. Normally this Platform is called “Online Course Manager”. In recent years this type of modality has increased its use. So there are hundreds of universities, institutions, educational centers that offer distance courses.
Configuring Online Courses…Online Education, The Best Choice?
Learning Management Systems can make it possible to create online courses and share them with an audience. Not only that, but it is also possible to keep track of your users and analyze their results and statistics.
Online Courses Esay LMS
With Esay LMS you can easily create an online course. No super computer skills are required. Simply create an account, choose a name for your course, go to your course curriculum. And start adding slides with your content. That can be in the form of text, videos, images, quotes, etc. When you finish, you simply share the URL of the course with your users or insert it into your website. You choose the colors and fonts of your choice and make your learning environment match your brand. That’s why Online Education, The Best Choice.
How does distance education work?
Via email the student is in contact with their tutor. Most importantly, it receives the necessary material to develop the units that comprise the study program. With the support of the material (written texts, videos, compact discs) the student solves the practical exercises. Also returning them by the same means to be reviewed. There will be cases in which students will personally attend the institution such as receiving tutorials, taking exams, clarifications. Nowadays Distance Education is much easier, faster and easier thanks to the new information and communication technologies. So they provide useful tools such as email, blogs, forums and virtual classrooms called LMS Moodle (online education).
Comparison of Online Education Versus Traditional Education
Both online education and its traditional counterpart have pros and cons. It is important that students understand what to expect before entering the classroom. So this comparison focuses side by side on three key areas that have an impact on a student’s experience. What a combined learning model offers will also be discussed more closely:
One benefit of taking online courses is that they offer flexibility to the student. This is a great option for those who already have time commitments with family and work. Online classes will adapt to your schedule. And they will allow you to log in to your online course at the time that suits you best. Also instead of having to attend a conference at a specific time.
Most online courses will follow a weekly format where students are expected to log in. Also read the course materials, contribute to online class discussions. And complete the tasks before the beginning of next week.
Traditional education is the best option for students who have a little more freedom in their schedules. That said, traditional students have some flexibility in their programming. Some schools offer evening classes or classes that follow a schedule in which they meet only once a week.
Discipline and self motivation
Something else to consider when weighing your college options is your level of self-discipline. Both traditional and online education require some discipline to succeed. But there may be significant differences in the structure of learning. These structural differences can have a significant effect on your ability to stay on track.
When it comes to discipline and motivation, traditional education has an advantage in the eyes of many. The structured schedule of attending class a handful of times per week and having routine face-to-face interactions with instructors. And it can help keep students homework. So it can help if you tend to postpone large tasks that are time consuming.
Online Education Versus Traditional Education: Social Interaction
Online education: Social interaction with instructors and other students. Although it is not as common in online courses, it still happens regularly. The biggest difference is in the way it takes, with many online student interactions that occur through video chat. But also through online discussion posts.
Traditional education: Despite technological advances, traditional education remains the best option. But for those who thrive in face-to-face communication. See and interact regularly with your instructors.
Advantages of Online Courses
- Study hours can generally be adapted to our personal schedules.
- As students you have the opportunity to take an active role in training without limiting yourself to being only a receiving entity.
- Students have access to education, even those who cannot attend classes daily due to work, or distance
- It can generate savings, both for the student and for the institution. For example, you have the opportunity to organize your study schedules. You can also save time and money
- Contrary to what is thought, the student receives a more personalized instruction than in the classroom mode.
- It allows to contain in a significant way the barriers of place and time, characteristics of traditional education.
Specifically for the student:
- You can make your participations in a thoughtful way thanks to the possibility of working offline.
- Most importantly, you can follow the pace of work set by the teacher and his classmates.
- Information feedback coexists, so that the teacher knows if the student responds to the method and reaches the objectives set initially.
- It benefits from the advantages offered by the different teaching methods and traditional didactic means, avoiding their inconveniences.
In summary, the collaborative work supported by current technologies is motivated and facilitate.
Disadvantages of Online Courses
- Difficult to transmit and preserve certain attitudinal contents to improve socialization.
- Ordinarily, the change to a distance education system requires students to adapt specifically. You must learn to use specific teaching materials and virtual classrooms. In addition to communicating with their teachers and other students through the media.
- The diversification and expansion of the educational offer of different courses and levels is increasing although 100% coverage has not been achieved.
- So it offers limited direct exchange of experiences provided by the teacher-student and student-student relationship.
- On the other hand, possible delays in feedback (feedback) and rectification of possible errors.
- In addition, there are other specific disadvantages of the nature of the different fields of knowledge.
- But especially in the learning process. Online Education, The Best Choice?
Online courses are a novelty in the educational world. Will online learning completely replace traditional education? No. Then it is up to you to decide Online Education.